Civil Engineering Department
The Civil Engineering department is one of the main three engineering departments established earlier in 2012 at the starting of Komar University of Science and Technology (KUST). The civil engineering adapting undergraduate program according to the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) which accreditation means that the program meets certain, defined international standards or criteria to ensure the quality of education and training provided to the students in the program. The civil engineering department has dedicated full time and also adjunct faculty members. Most faculty members of the department have earned their Ph.D. degrees in civil engineering from leading and well known national and international academic institutions and universities. The qualifications of the faculty members reflect the diversity of experiences and academic backgrounds of the faculty in the CVE department. The faculty members majors cover several areas of specialization that include structural engineering, concrete technology, surveying, highway, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, construction management, water resources, and environmental engineering. Since 2012, every year CVE department welcomes a number of student from the whole cities in Iraq and Kurdistan.
Civil Engineering Department in Komar University Of Science and Technology vision is driven by its mission and goals. The Vision of CVE will be carried out through:
1. Providing access to a superior civil engineering education and experiences for diverse students.
2. Attracting and retaining distinguished faculty members who excel in teaching, research, and community service.
3. Enrolling and retaining academically qualified and diverse students.
4. Embracing the design and analysis arts in civil engineering in the curricula and flowchart.
5. Developing a close-knit community that excels academically, intellectually stimulating, religious, ethnically, and socio-economically diverse.
6. Attracting and retaining a highly qualified staff committed to excellence in service.
The mission of the Department of Civil Engineering at Komar University of Science and Technology (KUST) is to serve the community and the public through providing the highest quality of civil engineering education. This can be achieved through innovative delivery and interaction methods that best utilize the latest and dynamic development in information technology, to respond in a timely and efficient manner to local and regional applied research needs, and to interact with the society to provide the best quality of professional service.
1. Establish leadership in civil engineering education in the country and the region, and maintain a world class curriculum.
2. Make the Students the Main Focus of the Department.
3. Achieve a High Level of Communication with the Society and Collaboration with the Industry.
4. Increase the Effective Use of Modern Technologies in Administrating the Department Activities.